I’m beyond excited to report today that the lovely Ceecee of Cocktails and Cupcakes nominated me for the Liebster Award! I’ve wanted nothing more than to be nominated for a while now (well, that’s not true. I’ve also been wanting a new Nars blush, but that’s another story.), and imagine my surprise when I opened up twitter this morning and found out! Thank you so much Ceecee
So What Is the Liebster Award?
Essentially, the Liebster Award is given out to bloggers with under 200 followers as a way to gain recognition! It’s a great way for new bloggers to get their names out there and gain some readers. Each blogger who gets nominated nominates another 11 people, and so on and so forth.
1. Link back to and follow the person that nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions set by the blogger that nominated you
3. List 11 facts about yourself.
4. Choose 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate.
5. Pose your own 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Notify your nominees.
1. Who is your favorite youtuber?
Ever since I got into beauty and started watching videos, I’ve been obsessed with Essie-Button. I remember watching her MAC eyeshadow palette video whilst looking for new shades and thinking, this girl is amazing. She’s hilarious and I adore her videos; she always manages to make you feel like she’s just sitting having a conversation with you.
2. What is your favorite makeup brand?
Nars, nars, NARS. I adore their blushes and eyeshadows, and pulling the sleek packaging out of my bag always makes me feel ultra-chic. It is expensive, but I find that if you choose well, theirs are the products that you end up going back to again and again.
3. What do you love about blogging the most?
I love that through my blog, I’m able to talk to other people about products and makeup-y things I love. Having a serious makeup addiction is tough; you want to talke nonstop about lipstick and eyeshadow with the whole world, and most people in my everyday life probably aren’t too interested. I love that I can share beauty bits with other people that feel the same way about makeup as I do.
4. What is your sense of style?
I love that chic, preppy, parisian look; anyone ever seen Gossip Girl? Never was there an outfit of Blair Waldorf’s that I wouldn’t die to wear. I love a bit of edginess in looks as well, but I’d say it’s Upper East Side-esque Manhattan street chic.
5. Biggest fashion mistake?
I once wore a pair of white pants with a white shirt and white shoes to school. Someone even called me out on it.
6. Where do you hope to be in five years?
It’s been my dream to study in New York City for as long as I can remember, so hopefully I’ll finish well in school and be able to make it in the big city.
7. Are you a summer or winter person?
Winter. Most definitely. I love everything about it; boots, scarves, snow, Santa. Trench coats. Everything. Winter’s magical.
8. Your favorite film?
I’m a bit of a movie buff (which is a major understatement, since I’m at the movies at least once every week, and when I’m not there, I’m watching as many as I can at home), so my list of favorite movies is pretty much endless. I can’t possibly pick one, but some of my favorites are: Jurassic Park (being the first movie I can remember watching), The Graduate, When Harry Met Sally, The Departed, An Education, Forrest Gump, 500 Days of Summer, and The Devil Wears Prada.
9. Sweets or chocolate?
Chocolate. It’s what I like to call a peach food; it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Love.
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be, and why?
I do a lot of traveling, but I have yet to go to South Korea, so I’d love to go there for a few days and shop the cosmetics counters
11. What is your worst habit?
Ordering online. I love the feeling of getting a new package in the mail, it’s like sending yourself a little gift. Kind of like early Christmas. My bank account doesn’t love it so much, though.
11 Facts About Me
1. I’m a huge fan of the Dark Knight trilogy by Chris Nolan, having gone to see The Dark Knight Rises 4 times in theatres.
2. I’m a big T.V. series person, my all-time favorite being Grey’s Anatomy, but I also adore Gossip Girl and the Vampire Diaries.
3. I first got into makeup when I was really little, like three or four years old, stealing the Avon catalogues from my parents’ office and marking them up with all the products I’d buy when I got older.
4. I’ve always dreamt of being an actress; I used to sit and look up open casting calls nearby all day and beg my mum to take me. I even wrote several Oscar Acceptance Speech drafts back in elementary school.
5. I love love love the smell of fish food, like the flakes they sell at PetCo. Weird.
6. I’ve been traveling to New York once or twice a year for the past seven or so years. Each year, I made a “planbook” for the trip; what stores we needed to go to, my shopping list, what attractions were on the docket, restaurants, etc. I even mapped out restroom locations nearby where we’d be each day and labeled restaurants according to distance from the nearest store.
7. I love to bake, especially cakes and yummy things like that.
8. I’ve had a running wishlist of stuff since before the first grade, going and re-doing online shopping carts for hours a day.
9. I have an adorable Shi-Tzu named Suki, who was the inspiration for the blog’s name (see my about page).
10. My favorite actor is Christian Bale, while my favorite movie “funnymen” are Will Ferrell and Steve Carrell.
11. My favorite color is peach.
And the Nominees Are . . .
– Tea and Post
– Peach Pips
–Cup of Ash Tea
–Zombies Wear Eyeliner
–Polka Dots Opinions
–The Littlest Buzz
–Amzy in Wonderland
–Adventures in Procrastination
My Questions for the Nominees
1. What was the first beauty item you ever bought?
2. Who is your favorite youtuber?
3. How did you get into blogging?
4. What’s your favorite tear-jerking film?
5. What’s your favorite product in your beauty arsenal?
6. What can’t you leave the house without?
7. What’s your favorite blog?
8. Where do you see yourself and your blog in five years’ time?
9. Who’s your style icon?
10. If you had to choose a store to live in for the rest of your life, what would it be?
11. What’s your dream job?
Congratulations to all the nominees!